DJI’s latest mini drone is here, DJI Mini 4 Pro, featuring omnidirectional obstacle avoidance, OcuSync 4 (O4) transmission, 34-minute flight time, 45 with a larger battery, and 4K 100fps video while remaining under 250 grams.
DJI Mini 4 Pro features
Mini 4 Pro features a slightly updated camera from the Mini 3 Pro. While the actual camera sensor and setup is the same as the Mini 3 Pro, it now supports 4k video at 100fps as well as HD video at 200fps. Mini 4 Pro now supports 10-bit D-Log M recording, granting it access to more than a billion colours.
Omnidirectional obstacle avoidance
Mini 4 Pro builds on the obstacle avoidance capabilities of the Mini 3 Pro adding an additional two sensors as well as a spotlight for nighttime and low-light landings. Mini 4 Pro features two rear facing sensors that allow it to see its environment to the side and rear of itself. The two forward facing sensors are also used for sidewards data as well as forwards.
This updated configuration allows the Mini 4 Pro to see around its environment in all six directions. Putting it on par with the Air series and the Mavic series of drones when it comes to safety.
A new but old battery
DJI Mini 4 Pro maintains compatibility with the Mini 3 and Mini 3 Pro’s Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, meaning the new battery is identical in size. Mini 4 Pro’s standard battery does come in at 2590mAh, larger than the previous battery at 2453mAh. This update can be chalked up to improvements in battery chemistry.
OcuSync 4 transmission
DJI has equipped Mini 4 Pro with its latest O4 transmission technology, giving it a maximum transmission range of 20km. O4 is compatible with DJI’s new RC-N2 and RC 2 controllers and is the same tech used in the DJI Air 3. Mini 4 Pro also supports DJI’s 4G dongle, allowing it to be flown over a network connection.
Smart flight modes
- MasterShots – Delivers dynamic camera movement templates tailored for portrait, close-up, and long-range shots, ensuring you nail every shot!
- QuickShots – Provides Dronie, Circle, Helix, Rocket, Boomerang, and Asteroid modes for more stylish results.
- Hyperlapse – Provides Free, Waypoint, Circle, and Course Lock modes with unlimited shooting time, and supports compositing while shooting.
- Panorama – Supports shooting 180°, Wide Angle, Vertical, and Sphere panoramic photos to capture magnificent landscapes.
- QuickTransfer – Quickly transfer photos and videos to your smartphone without linking the remote controller. Your creations will be instantly ready to share.
DJI Mini 4 Pro comparisons
How does the Mini 4 Pro compare to the DJI Air 3 and DJI Mini 3 Pro? DJI Air 3 has an additional telephoto camera, is larger in size and weight, and has a number of camera settings exclusive to the Air 3. Mini 3 Pro features the same camera sensor as the Mini 4 Pro but doesn’t support 4k 100 fps. Mini 4 Pro also has omnidirectional obstacle avoidance now.
Read more about the Air 3 and Mini 3 Pro using our comparisons below.
DJI Mini 4 Pro pricing
Mini 4 Pro comes in four packages to suit your needs and budget, ranging from $759 to $1,159. The packages differ in the number of batteries and spare propellers included, as well as the type of remote controller as well as the size of the battery is specific markets.